New Comox Valley Tourism Advisory Committee
The Comox Valley Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC) will guide the work of Experience Comox Valley (ECV) and ensure transparent and meaningful collaboration with the local tourism industry. The 2022-23 TAC has been formed, however, there remains one vacant position for an accommodation business (see below).
The Comox Valley Tourism Advisory Committee (TAC) exists to achieve the following:
- Provide input into the management of and use of the City of Courtenay’s MRDT and other tourism-related funds such as the Destination BC Cooperative Marketing Partnership Program;
- Advise, review and recommend annual marketing plans and budgets and associated performance and financial reports for final approval and submission by the City of Courtenay and/or CVRD;
- Work collaboratively to grow the economic and social benefits of tourism in the Comox Valley and strengthen the Region’s reputation as a preferred and year-round overnight destination;
- Provide the City of Courtenay, CVRD and Experience Comox Valley with advice and recommendations on a variety of tourism-related matters; and
- Represent the best interests of tourism stakeholders in the Comox Valley.
For more details, view full Terms of Reference here.
2022-2023 TAC Members:
- Darren Adam, Cumberland Brewing
- Mike Atkins, Comox Valley Airport Commission
- Doug Cox, VI Music Fest & Old Church Theatre
- Ramona Johnson, I-HOS Gallery
- Bill Kelly, Crown Isle Resort & Golf Community
- Jamie Lewis, Best Western Westerly
- Jin Lin, Maple Pool Campsite
- David Rooper, Old House Hotel & Spa
- Grant Smith, Bayview Hotel
- Steve Veloso, Island Pursuit Sport Fishing
- Vacant, Comox Valley Accommodation
We are now accepting applications for the vacant accommodation position. Please note, this is for accommodations located within either Comox, Cumberland, or the Comox Valley Regional District electoral areas A, B, C. Apply here.